Back to Grants
Navasota Program & Marketing Grant
The Arts Council of Brazos Valley’s Navasota Marketing & Program Grant program is funded through the City of Navasota’s Hotel Occupancy Tax revenue. It is designed to provide affiliate organizations operating in the Navasota ETJ with financial support for programs making a significant contribution towards:
- The promotion of the arts, culture, and heritage in the Brazos Valley
- Tourism and the convention and hotel industry
Navasota Grant Guidelines
What is an Annual Program & Marketing Grant?
The Arts Council’s Annual Marketing and Program Grant program provides affiliate organizations with financial support for projects that make a significant contribution toward promoting the arts, culture, and heritage in the Brazos Valley and directly enhance and promote tourism and the convention and hotel industry.
Grants are available to:
- Current Arts Council affiliate groups in good standing
- Affiliates that are not-for-profit under IRS section 501 (c)(3)
- Charted in the state of Texas
- Doing business and presenting programs in College Station, Bryan, and Brazos County
All eligible groups requesting Arts Council Marketing and Program Grant funds are required to comply with the following two-part test:
Criteria I: EVERY expenditure must DIRECTLY enhance and promote tourism AND the hotel & convention industry
Criteria II: Expenditures must fall into one of the following categories:
- Paying the establishment, improvement, maintenance, or administrative costs for facilitating a convention or registrations
- Paying for advertising, solicitation, and promotional programs that attract tourists and convention delegates to the city or it’s vicinity
- Expenditures that promote the arts
- Funding historical restoration and preservation projects or activities, advertising, solicitation and promotional programs that encourage tourists and convention delegates to visit preserved historic sites or museums
- Funding costs to hold sporting events that substantially increase hotel activity
- The enhancement or upgrading of existing sports facilities or sports fields
- Funding transportation systems for tourists
- Tourism related signage
Annual Marketing and Program Grant funds are available for a wide range of projects. In general they should serve to increase understanding and participation in arts, culture, or heritage programs, be of an educational or instructional function, and directly support or promote the hotel/motel and tourist industries.
For more information, questions, concerns, or comments contact The Arts Council at 979-696-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
To access your profile and the application visit the Arts Council’s online grant portal.