Calling artists, designers, and creatives of all types and ages, The Arts Council of Brazos Valley is launching a Face Mask Design Competition where you will have the opportunity to design an original mask! Yes, we wish we didn’t have to wear them, but it’s time to embrace masks as an expression of personal fashion. BE CREATIVE! What would you like your friends to see on a mask in your school, your neighborhood, or at home? From the practical to the outlandish, we are curious to see what you are creating and want to share it with the world!
Our winners have been selected, now they will be asked to recreate their designs on one of our wooden masks, graciously provided to us by Burr’s Unfinished Furniture. The final version of your work, on the provided mask, is due September 18th . Following the mask competition, the piece will tour through several of our community galleries with our other winners and you will be featured in an interview! At the end of the touring period, efforts will be made to return the mask-erpiece to the creator.
- Design an original mask! While there is no set theme for this competition, we ask that you please keep your masks appropriate for all ages.
- A draft for your mask design will be drawn up for submission on a printed copy of our mask template file. After selection, you will be asked to recreate your design on our provided mask.
- Material and subject matter included on the mask should be original and must not be under the copyright of another artist/entity.
- Mediums that can be applied to a smooth wood surface are required.
- Mask designs must be stable enough to hang on a wall display.
- All ages are welcome to enter and participation is free.
- Your submission for this competition will consist of a digital photo (.jpeg or .heif) of your final design and a small description.
- When your mask-erpiece is complete, submit either a .jpeg or .heif file to email@example.com with “Arts Council Mask Competition '' in the subject line, name and small description of your piece (300 words or less) in the body.
- We will use these photos to judge your submission, so be sure to use a high resolution photo to capture your mask-erpiece!
For more information, call 979-696-2787 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.