The Arts Council’s Annual Marketing and Program Grant program provides local organizations with financial support for projects that significantly contribute toward the promotion of arts, culture, and heritage in the Brazos Valley. The City of College Station and City of Bryan Hotel Occupancy Tax revenues generously sponsor the Annual Marketing and Program Grant.
Grants are available to current Arts Council affiliate groups in good standing that are not-for-profit under IRS Section 501(c)(3), are chartered in the State of Texas, and are doing business and presenting programs in College Station, Bryan, and Brazos County.
Click here for Marketing and Programs Grant Compliance Information
Click here to access The Arts Council Online Grant Portal
What is an Annual Program & Marketing Grant?
The Arts Council’s Annual Marketing and Program Grant program is funded through the City of College Station and City of Bryan Hotel Occupancy Tax revenues and provides affiliate organizations with financial support for projects that make a significant contribution toward promoting the arts, culture and heritage in the Brazos Valley and directly enhance and promote tourism and the convention & hotel industry.
All eligible groups requesting Arts Council Marketing and Program Grant funds are required to comply with the following two-part test:
A. Criteria I: EVERY expenditure must DIRECTLY enhance and promote tourism AND the hotel & convention industry.
B. Criteria II: Expenditures must fall into one of the following categories:
- Paying the establishment, improvement, maintenance or administrative costs for facilitating a convention or registrations.
- Paying for advertising, solicitation, and promotional programs that attract tourists and convention delegates to the city or its vicinity.
- Expenditures that promote the arts.
- Funding historical restoration and preservation projects, or activities, advertising, solicitation and promotional programs that encourage tourists and convention delegates to visit preserved historic sites or museums.
- Funding costs to hold sporting events that substantially increase hotel activity.
- The enhancement or upgrading of existing sports facilities or sports fields.
- Funding transportation systems for tourists.
- Tourism related signage.
Annual Marketing and Program Grant funds are available for a wide range of projects. In general they should serve to increase understanding and participation in arts, culture or heritage programs, be of an educational or instructional function, and directly support or promote the hotel/motel and tourist industries.
For more information, contact the Arts Council at 979-696-2787 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017-2018 Program & Marketing Grant Award Recipients
- Ballet Brazos
- Brazos Educational Radio
- Brazos Valley African American Museum
- Brazos Valley Museum of Natural History
- Fiestas Patrias Mexicanas of B/CS, TX
- Friends of Chamber Music
- Mic Check Poetry
- StageCenter Community Theatre
- Texas A&M University - Forsyth Galleries
- Texas A&M University - Wright Gallery
- The Children’s Museum of the Brazos Valley
2017-2018 Three-Year Grant Award Recipients
- Brazos Valley Chorale
- Brazos Valley Symphony Orchestra
- Brazos Valley Worldfest
- George Bush Presidential Library and Museum
- MSC OPAS
- Museum of the American GI
- The Theatre Company of Bryan/College Station